Friday, September 19, 2008

My name's Sentry and it may be a sin/ But I'll take your bet and you're gonna regret/ I'm the best there's ever been

There was a lot to like about this week's Age of The Sentry #1 by Jeff Parker, Paul Tobin, Nick Dragotta, Ramon Rosanas and Gary Martin, but my very favorite part was this single detail from the backround of a single panel. The Parker/Dragotta/Martin story features a sequence during which The Sentry's supporting cast are traveling back through time and witnessing some of his adventures on their way to his origin, and we see this:


Applying the power of a million exploding suns to fiddle-playing, the Golden Guaridan of Good totally owned the devil in a good old-fashioned fiddle-off, no doubt saving his own soul and winning a golden fiddle in the process.

And look how sad poor Satan looks about it...

2 comments:

Patrick C said...

So if I'm reading you right, Peter totally could have just challenged the big M to a fiddle-off for Aunt May's life?

LurkerWithout said...

You know I'm wondering, has DC ever done a "Devil Went Down.." story? I mean they've had villains sell their souls to the devil. They've got a villain (or two) who play fiddle/violin. Seems like a natural fit...