Saturday, May 02, 2009

That's right Scrooge, free!

If you're reading a comics blog, I'm pre-et-ty sure you're already well aware of this, but, just in case, I want to make sure I do my duty and remind everyone that today is, in fact, Free Comic Book Day.

So make sure you take some time to visit your local comic book store today and you'll be given the choice of many different specially-published FCBD books, some particularly for kids (Owly and Friends and DC Kids Mega Sampler should be particularly high-quality books for the young ones; I also hear there's a pretty great all-ages Wolverine comic written by EDILW favorite writer Fred Van Lente too, perfectly timed to tie-in to the movie). Oh, and if you can afford it, buy something else while you're there too—it will help stimulate the economy!

If you're not a regular comics reader and just read this blog because, I don't know, you love me or something, and live in Columbus, I'd suggest my regular shop, The Laughing Ogre. If you live elsewhere, try the shop locator at the offical Free Comic Book Day site, which offers plenty of info about the celebration in general.

Happy Free Comic Book Day everyone!

1 comment:

chiasaur11 said...

Also, there were 8 new pages of Atomic Robo.

Featuring the debut of Doctor Dinosaur. (His doctorate, however? Questionable.)